So you’ve heard about this Just Moved group but you’re not sure you qualify. Maybe you’ve been here over a year, maybe over 10 years. Maybe you only moved a half an hour. Maybe you don’t live in Prosper but in a surrounding area. Maybe you don’t go to church or have a faith. If you’re on the fence about coming will you take a quick evolution to make sure you aren’t stuck on the fence.
If you are stuck on a barbed wire fence, you may not be able to move forward with out a little assistance. When I was a kid, I remember getting my hair stuck as I tried to duck under some barbed wire fences as we explored. I was panicked, irrational, and in pain those few moments (although it seemed like forever) before my cousins could finally untangle me.
That’s all this class is. A group of friends to help you get untangled from a couple barbs you may have gotten caught up in as you moved from one field to the next.
So it’s not so much the time you’ve been here that qualifies you, its if you still have a few barbs in your britches about moving here. We hope to untangle you at “Moving On After Moving In” class on Wednesdays at 9:30am – 11:30am at Rhea’s Mill Church in Prosper, so you can keep exploring the new adventures God has planned for you in this new field.
If a few of these describe you, you might not just be on the fence you might be stuck on the fence.
- You Can’t find your groove here.
- You Complain and Criticize more that you are content and complimentary.
- You Consider moving back.
- You Connect with old friends more than new ones.
- You Constantly feel misunderstood or alone.
- You Center your life around keeping the kids happy.
- You Contrast yourself with what everyone else has, does and looks like.
- You Cry from the loss of friends, family and old way of life.
- You Compare your old life with your new and are still disappointed.
- You Continually are afraid of the unknown and what ifs.
The first part of the study we focus on Letting Go. There are things just easier accomplished with a friend, who knows how long I would have been stuck on that barbed wire friends if my cousins hadn’t been with me to free me. You can struggle on your barbs alone, but I recommend you come and get a hand in untangling a few things at the “Moving On After Moving In” class regardless of the time you’ve been in Texas. Its not so much the time, its about the tangle.